View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 02:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmower View Post
Have any of you noticed a poorer QOC with the striping kit? I'm wondering if it is blocking too much of the air intake at the rear of the deck?

Also do you find that the front end (wheels and deck) bounce around a lot over rough turf? I'm finding waves in my cutting. I've go the optional pneumatics on front and been playing with tire psi but no luck. I think the engine is placed back farther behind the rear tires making the front lighter than other mowers I'm use to. I may try running my bagger weights on the front to see if this helps. Also may swap out the pneumatics for the no flats and see if this changes anything. This is a rough yard and the sun is setting to really make it stand out. And yes I was probably going faster then I should have (gps shows about 8.5-10 mph). First time a customer ever called me to come back and try recutting her yard. I notice some with my Hustler but not nothing like this.
Holy $hit where did the aliens come from! Man I have never seen anything like that before. I have a couple that are pretty rough but apparently not nearly as rough as that lawn. I have not encountered any kind of weird cut like that. I really loveeeeeeeeee the flat free tires on these machines. They ride so smooth and are very soft. I would put them back on and see if that helps. You mentioned the nose being light. Its not light. The two JD mowers I demoed the nose on both of them would come up off the ground going up a steep hill I have to cut. The 460 stays planted on the same hill and it is wayyyyyyyy steeper than 30 degrees. I go straight up along the house then back down and turn at the bottom and ride it sideways to the end of the backyard. These 400's are like billy goats on hills.
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)

Page generated in 0.03307 seconds with 7 queries