View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 02:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProStreetCamaro View Post
Holy $hit where did the aliens come from! Man I have never seen anything like that before. I have a couple that are pretty rough but apparently not nearly as rough as that lawn. I have not encountered any kind of weird cut like that. I really loveeeeeeeeee the flat free tires on these machines. They ride so smooth and are very soft. I would put them back on and see if that helps. You mentioned the nose being light. Its not light. The two JD mowers I demoed the nose on both of them would come up off the ground going up a steep hill I have to cut. The 460 stays planted on the same hill and it is wayyyyyyyy steeper than 30 degrees. I go straight up along the house then back down and turn at the bottom and ride it sideways to the end of the backyard. These 400's are like billy goats on hills.
It's frustrating. I have never noticed anything as sever as this in my 12 plus years. The unhappy client is just another stress factor.

I guess it is partly where your coming from. Compared to Hustler, which handles pretty well on slopes IMO, the 460s are light in the front end. The 460 I think may be a tad better on slopes once you tighten the seat isolators a little, but it also has new tires also so it's hard to say.

I just reinstalled the no flats and am going to run them. Found something out that I hadn't thought of before. The no flats weigh about four times as much as the pneumatics. So this may help in more weighs then one (pun intended). I'll update later.

How about the stripe kit users? Any decreased QOC since installed?

Page generated in 0.04075 seconds with 7 queries