Thread: Lawn Boy Logic
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 01:56 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Lawn Boy Logic

Been letting my lawn boy logic get in the way for too long on this one I think. TELL ME IF MY LINE OF THINKING IS INCORRECT HERE.

I have known about attrimec by Gordon's for awhile now, but have always held off on purchasing it because the initial cost. That is until this coming Monday when I will be picking up my first Gallon of it.

After reading the label - the Three major plants I see it being used on (Viburnum and Eugenia and Ligustrum trees/shrubs) call for 2oz per gallon of water = 400 to 600 square foot of shrub.

According the the representatives that I have spoken to I can expect growth ******ation/ not sure why by it would not me use that word but lets call it limited growth, for 3 to 4 months from this application.

I am still working on getting chemical companies to give the best cost but right now if purchasing a gallon my cost per application (again 400 to 600 square ft to label) will be in the mid $2 range.

If I have figured this correctly it does not take much common sense (non lawn boy logic that is) to figure out that you labor saving will be realized very quickly with this product on properties with at least the three shrubs/trees listed above.

Am I missing something or has my lawn boy logic been in the way this entire time? Is the products residual truly that long? Would there not be a niche market with this that those of us with the limited license could offer, say to our existing customer base which maintain there own shrubs as we know they are not doing it because they enjoy it most of the time but rather they simply do not want to pay the cost of having them maintained by someone else.

Thoughts/Opinions on experiences with the product and my non lawn boy line of thinking about the use of this product and potential upsell niche market to potential clients?

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!

Page generated in 0.03870 seconds with 7 queries