Thread: Lawn Boy Logic
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 01:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landscape Poet View Post
I can agree with disposal from your explanation. If it was not commonly accepted to leave for the homeowner to dispose of on their yard waste day here, a lco would incur great cost with waste produced in a given week from the cost of actually having enough space to hold all the debris, the time to dispose of it as well as the cost.

My thoughts with the redirected growth is that it maybe helpful to many of these shrubs, for example the older viburnum, which have been kept small and formal for many many years, all the leaves are on the outside two inches at most, if growth is redirected to create a more dense shrub I can not imagine that being a bad thing.
The homeowners here have zero tolerance for any debris left in the landscape. If you tell them that leaving clippings under the shrubs is good for them, they will think you are too lazy to clean them up and they will find someone who will pick up everything. Same is true of grass clippings. Because of this, there is no such thing as a cheap lawn and if the lawn is 1/4 acre or more then the price does not come down due to size because of then need to pick up. Where it gets funny are the properties where they are chock full of palms and shrubs. You actually do not want that kind of account because people do not realize how bulky and hard to handle the trash is. Now if there were a safe way to stunt palm trees, I would be very happy. I hate palms. Do not like to see them in residential landscapes at all.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738

Page generated in 0.04083 seconds with 7 queries