View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 04:58 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

"Go where the money is." If you live in an area that doesn't have much money, it's going to be hard to build a solid business. I'm not knocking you for moving to where you did, just saying it will be very hard to build a biz off of people that complain about paying $70/mo. for lawncare.

Everywhere in Florida is different. Fl-landscapes says he stays away from resi and that commercial is better for him. Here, it's the complete opposite. Commercial and HOA work is done for peanuts. Resi will pay good.

I won't take on an account that is weekly for less than $300/mo, or bi-weekly for $200/mo. These aren't accounts that have a lot of grass either. That's just the area I live in.

I plan and want to move to San Diego within the next 5 years. I have visited there and there is a lot of money there. It will be an easy area to build a landscape and gardening biz. Point being, I will go where the money is. I wouldn't try to start a biz where people can't even afford the service in the first place. This is a luxury biz imo. Most people don't want to do what we do, but they can. I don't work for people who nickle and dime, who want everything for nothing, or who want cheap work.....

Again, I mean to offense to you, I hope that everything works out for you as you seem like a hard worker and dedicated to this. Best of luck.

Page generated in 0.03847 seconds with 7 queries