View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
I hear you. Now with the idiotic regulations imposed on LCO's in Florida, does that mean that there is still fertilizers for sale to the public of all kinds? Even the high nitrogen and phosphorus stuff the pros are not supposed to use. Does this also mean that there is nothing for sale during the fertilizer black outs. If not, I must call BS on the whole regulation thing.
Fertilizer Regulation in Florida is pure BS at present time. The State Ag inspector told me he didn't care what fertilizer I was applying, HE DIDN"T REGULATE FERTILIZER. The Fert regulations are county imposed and vary greatly from one county to the next.

Yes you can buy any reasonable standard blend of Fertilizer at any of the Big Box stores or local hardware. While I might agree residential fert is adding to Nitrates in our water etc, It is Agriculture that is the big polluter. Florida has had regular Red Tides out breaks long before commercial fertilizer was ever invented.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.03953 seconds with 7 queries