View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 01:30 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
I do not know how to help you from this far away. I think if you follow my inquiry and statements I could tell the tree in question was once crowded by another tree. Then I saw the root cut. I have to think the yellowing, and the root cut are related.

It could be as simple as not enough feeder roots or something more serious.

I would like to see more of that root cut exposed to look for any signs of fungal decay, rot or other concerns.

Do you know how to look for and spot hypoxylon canker?

Again I am not an Arbortist but I do work with some high value trees and consult with one regularly on many concerns.

Do you use Phosphorus fertilizer? If you do that could stop the Mycorrhiza relationship with the tree roots system. May want to look at some soil injection around the tree and back off the Phosphorus.

So far you are doing the right things but I just want to make sure there is nothing else going on. We are about to the end of what I can do from here.

Thanks
Sorry Duekster I deleted the e-mail notification and the slipped my mind with everything else going on. Till this morning I looked out the front door and there's a Oak across the street doing the same thing mine is.

Would you care for a picture?
Also, would it be ok if I removed some of the older photo's to this thread I need to clean out some of the photo's in the folder on facebook where I'm putting them.

God created man, man plants grass, fertilized and watered the grass to watch it grow. Man cut grass and this confused God; in his infinite wisdom where did he go wrong? Why would man work, plant, water and once it grew cut it down just to see the process repeat.

Then God created Women

Page generated in 0.03797 seconds with 7 queries