View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 01:05 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppypaws View Post
This is interesting; any mower prior to this point with a Vanguard engine normally sold for 3, to sometimes 5 hundred less. Kawasaki has a well-established name that people are familiar with and willing to pay more money to own, kinda of like JD farm equipment.

Vanguard because of being associated with the Briggs name has been trying very hard to build their reputation. I personally believe a Vanguard is the best mower engine on the market today, but they've had a very hard time overcoming the old Briggs engine reputation.

What you've stated about there being no difference in price between the same mower with either a Kawasaki or Briggs Vanguard is telling me some of the negatives associated with the Briggs name is diminishing.
I hope that is the case puppy.

I am used to seeing the B&S engines of any stripe including the Vaguard, be less here as well, but the only two Scag dealers anywhere near me sell the Cheetah at the same price for the Kawi 31 and the Vanguard 32. Now this was the FX850's they had, but those they had when I was in looking at them in late April were still showing/labeled on the engine labels as 31 HP, and being sold as 31 HP machines to their customers at the start of this spring, and on into May last I chatted with them about this particular point. The larger of the two dealers told me he is really starting to sell the Vanguards this year. We talked about LS a little, and he thought maybe the word was getting around now due to places like this. He said that if guys wanted a bigger engine than either of those two choices he normally ordered in the 36 Vanguard BB.

Page generated in 0.03736 seconds with 7 queries