I don't know anyone who has used them, but if you want my thoughts on the quality of their portfolio work, as well as their own site, I'll be happy to give my quick glance thoughts.
- The very core of a business web site and branding starts from the logo and works out from there. The first thing I see when I visit their site is that graphic design, inexplicably, is not their forte. Does their own logo look clean and crisp to you? It's grainy (dithered) because they saved it in the wrong format (you don't save flat color images in the jpg format). This is something no professional should ever do. That's warning #1.
- They really do like to use the wrong image formats. I see this as a recurring theme. I'd say that's a bit of a warning. Their own menu needs some serious attention to similar details.
- Their SEO (search engine optimization) seems to be minimal at best, and has no real recurring methods in place (from site to site). Some pages of their various portfolio sites are missing some really basic elements of standard SEO.
- Their portfolio sites look to be at least several years old. The designs look like discount, off-the-shelf templates, although when first built, they were fine. In looking at the code, a couple of the sites were probably designed 9 years ago (give or take a year or two).
- If their pricing is accurate...they are quite pricey.
- To see how their sites do in search, take the portfolio examples and start searching google for various keywords as they relate to those cities and see if you can build an idea of how well they might do for you. There are many other factors that can weigh in to this, but it will give you the high-level view.
- Ironically enough, I'm really concerned by seeing every site have serious issues with basic graphic design. None of the logos, menus, or the most basic of design elements look even decent due to the aforementioned issues. This occurs on every site in their portfolio.
If you have any specific questions, or want me to expand on anything, just yell.
a guy who knows the lawn industry, branding, and web strategy
Last edited by tonygreek; 07-10-2012 at 01:06 AM.