View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloscaperman View Post
To me the market doesn't factor from state or town but by each customer. I have some rich customer's that live in the valley and I make more then some that have more expensive homes. Each customer has their little economy that you base it on.

In theory that makes sense. What has happened here is all of these companies hand out fliers every spring and they contain a line at the bottom of the flier where they hand write a price before they stick it on the mailbox. People around here have seen this for the last 5+ years and they are conditioned to "think" anything higher and they are getting ripped off. And the guys doing these lawns for $20 are actually doing a good job. So if you were Joe Blow looking at get your lawn taken care of what would you do? If you witness the guys across the street for a couple years doing a nice reliable job and you ask them for a price and they tell you $20 would you say no? What if you also got a couple other quotes and 2 of them were for $20 and one for $25 and another for $35. Who would you choose considering you already know the guys that quoted $20 do a good job on your neighbors lawn?
2004 Gravely 34Z
1998 Lazer Z HP 48 (old faithful)

Page generated in 0.03438 seconds with 7 queries