View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duekster View Post
Go 1/2 that amount or 1/4 inch per app each spring for a while.

Compost is decomposed yard waste, dairy or sewer sluge. I wonder where the black compost the city has comes from?

All will work but make sure they all are finished cooking, no heat or steam off the compost. All have pros and con's to them hence the need to know the supplier.

Do you have irrigation? Can trucks get in there easy and move around?

Hvaing said that sometimes the city will come land apply for you but not sure if they will do it on a small lot. Hold your nose for a few days. Check that, they might not get that close to a home
With all the regs on sewage sludge I'm pretty sure that's the reason it's trucked to landfills or baked and Pelletized and made into Milorganite...

He would be more likely to get some either finished composted cow manure or nearly finished...I've topdressed with uncomplicated cow manure with great results...I wouldn't suggest it for most people since it can contain weed seed and many other contaminates but if you know where it's coming from it should be fine....it dries out quickly here and pretty much turn to dust after the first mowing and rain.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by cgaengineer; 07-12-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Page generated in 0.03361 seconds with 7 queries