View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Zohan, I agree with what the others here have stated. The edge or "run way" light look is not favorable. However, I have come across situations where they were necessary and served the purpose well. Case in point; I have a client from an install 4 years ago. He was sick and tired of all his drunk friends leaving his house and driving off the driveway and running all over his grass. There were no flower beds next to this driveway and we needed a solution to mark out the edges of the driveway so his guests could see the edges, that even in their drunken state, they could still negotiate their way out without putting track marks in his grass. The solution was about 30 evening star lights that we core drilled into the edges of the driveway. The homeowner agreed that the runway look was not going to be good, so I proposed putting the driveway marker lights on a motion sensor. There are two motion sensors, one at the entryway of the driveway and one pointing at his garage doors. I used the ABT motion sensors and they only stay on 5 minutes once activated, (just long enough to get everyone out of the driveway and then they shut off). They have been durable and I have yet to replace a lamp in any of them. It was a good solution to this unique problem. Now on the edge of a patio- well, probably not a great look but I understand needed to close work. Do what you have to and move on.

Tim Ryan
Lite4 Outdoor Lighting
www.lite-4.com

Page generated in 0.03859 seconds with 7 queries