View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohan View Post
Thanks tim. Good idea with the motion sensor. The difference in my situation is the client actually wants those fixtures. He has a patio in back and there is now way to put any other type of fixture as the patio is also a retaining wall that drops off the whole rear side of patio. The way the guy is doing things is kinda ass backwards, and the paver lights fight right in with his motif.
I have never core drilled a paving stone, so i have some questions.
1. Is it difficult, and what bit do i need and what king of drill can it be used in?
2. When the paving stone is to be layed on a base of concrete where do you run the wire?
3. Any other tips?

Thanks

I'm not Tim but I can give you some tips. Ant/evening star uses a targa core setup... Not my favorite without a stand it gets tiring leaning over. I use a dd130 hilti on a rig. With water I can do a paver in about 45seconds. Once we drill our cores we lift up the line of pagers.use a demo saw and cut a groove for 12-2 wire to sitin. Put pacers back down and call a day. We also have a vacuum tool that lifts up the pavers.... Best 250 I ever spent IMHO. Like I said earlier I don't install "paver" lights. But we put a boat load of cm390s a year core drilled in

Page generated in 0.04940 seconds with 7 queries