View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 02:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngibson6 View Post
Hard starting in cold weather has nothing to do with ethanol. I'm originally from up north and experienced temps as low as -35F and never once felt there was a starting issue with a vehicle because of ethanol.

Also to those of you whining about subsidies, those expired at the end of 2011.

As for the notion that the entire kernel is used for ethanol production and there is nothing left, this is false. One of the by-products is dried distillers grains (DDGs) and this is fed to livestock.

I have never had an issue with any piece of equipment because of ethanol. Have a Shindaiwa trimmer that's six years old with the original carb. Shindaiwa blower that's 7 years old with original carb. I have read so many times someone will buy a trimmer or whatever and after a month say that ethanol ate the primer, fuel lines, ect. Then why don't you have to replace all primer bulbs, fuel lines, carbs, fuel pumps on everything monthly? This just doesn't make sense. I know someone who has a stihl trimmer that is almost 25 years old with the original primer, fuel lines and carb.

As far as ethanol wrecking fuel pumps in cars and trucks, I had a early 90s truck that ran ethanol all it's life. Original fuel pump was replaced at around 250,000 miles.

We had ethanol come to the pumps up north in the late 80s. I remember all the doom and gloom talk about how it was going to wreck everything and small engines would burn up and all that. Funny thing after a few months nothing happened and it was never talked about again.

These are all just my observations obviously but just can not understand how one guy has nothing but problems that are supposedly traced back to ethanol, and another guy has no problems. And they are running similar equipment.
Then explain to me why after switching to recreational gas (ZERO ethanol) all my problems have gone away? Heck of a coincidence.

Page generated in 0.04201 seconds with 7 queries