View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA Quality Lawn & YS View Post
Yes our means of doing biz is different, but no one right answer fortunately.
I personally want to check ALL the lawns I mow myself, and call my own shots. People want me to maintain their lawn, I don't need them calling me I know what I am doing. Plus some folks may just take a liking to calling you and telling you 'just skip me this week' even when the lawn needs cut. I had that problem couple years back. No more.
the trick is, if they call and cancel when it needs it, the next will be a larger charge b/c I will have to do extra work to make it look nice, like bagging or double cutting. I charge extra to bag or double cut.

so they are more than welcome to cancel when it needs it and pay me extra the following week. or for the ones who don't wanna call and just expect me to know then they either pay me a $5 fuel fee for driving out or I'll just cut it.

I'm not gonna spend my time and money driving my routes only to skip them b/c they don't need cut. I have accounts I haven't been to for a over a month now b/c we are in a drought and they called a couple weeks in a row to cancel and finally said they would call me when it next needs it.

Page generated in 0.03531 seconds with 7 queries