View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivercat View Post
Ok here we go I just got a nice place with 1 acre lawn thats a bit rough we have the red clay on NC here and the dummy that built the house didn't take the TLC to get the lawn established quickly and there are a lot of washed low spots and the clover has taken over as well as other junk. I plan to spend allot of my spare time nursing it back to health and having a lush lawn. Therefore I am in the market for my ztm and am really tempted to over kill it. My buddie came by with a ever ride warrior and I agree with him that even if we never put but like 25 hrs a season tops it will last a lifetime. I am looking at ferris is3100, toro z master 6k, hustler x-one or husky pz series. going either kawi or diesel There is a demo PZ6029D nearby for $12200. Is that a deal? Also interested in a kubota zd323 as that dealer is closest to me and my bud has connections there. I notice that the toros and kubotas are impossible to price without calling. I know this is way too much mower for only an acre to mow but who cares I would rather spend the money upfront then buy 4 consumer mowers to junk after 300 hrs a piece.
As always do you have a one-acre lawn or lot. You mentioned about 25 hours a season so I am assuming it's the latter. Even if you are mowing one-acre of grass all of those mowers would be way over kill. Fine if you want to spend the money but you are buying equipment that is far more than you need. In the Ferris line an IS500Z would easily handle your mowing needs at less than half of what you are looking to spend. If you want a Kawi engine the IS1500Z will give you that option with better pumps and the frame from the 500Z. The IS3100Z is a great mower but at the hours you are putting on it you will never realize the extra durability and capability of the machine IMO. Best luck and have fun in your search.
Lawnboy 10227 2T push mower
Stihl BG86 handheld blower
Stihl BR550 backpack blower
Stihl KM110R kombi system with lots of attachments
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer 24-inch blades
Stihl MS260PRO
Stihl MS460
Stihl MS660
Echo SRM210 trimmer

Klotz SuperTechniplate

Page generated in 0.03482 seconds with 7 queries