Thread: First Employee
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Landscape Poet's Avatar
Landscape Poet Landscape Poet is offline
LawnSite Gold Member
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oviedo/Orlando
Posts: 3,637
Originally Posted by fireman1173005 View Post
You'll definitely need workman's comp insurance :-(
I would say this would depend on his state and its laws, his exposure and how his company is set up legally.

As far as is simple to get your accountant to handle your quarterly filing, you just need to insure you have withheld the appropriate amount. They can help you with that too if needed. There are free websites out there such as that will allow you to select your state and the witholdings for the amount....just remember you will need to set that aside as well as your portion of his taxes too.

You should have the potential new associate fill out a w-4 so you know how to withhold the correct amount based on his/her dependents etc.

And before hiring anyone you should check with U.S immigration either by phone or online to ensure the person is indeed legal to work in the United States.
"the art of survival is a story that never ends"

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.03895 seconds with 8 queries