View Single Post
Old 07-26-2012, 04:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

No frogs or toads have come near our property since the Imprelis damage. They are a garden's friend. Of course, our normal birds who once took up summer residence had to find other homes too. It's sad when even the animals know there's something wrong with an area and stay away. I hope universities are studying this effect and not just the effect on the plant itself. It certainly seems to be affecting our ecosystem.

Incidently, have you noticed DuPont has been spreading out the Imprelis financial hits to their earnings reports, but they haven't yet reserved as far as I know (publically to their shareholders) the cost hit from all the lawsuits and settlements outside their direct process and some of the other settlements that have already take place through attorneys. As I mentioned months ago for the sake of some on here who might have stock in DuPont (Stock: DD), watch for further impact. I'm not suggesting selling since I'm not a financial advisor. I realize they've weathered many financial hits from product problems. They have plenty of money. Just glad I don't own any of their stock right now.

Numbers so far:
The company took a pretax charge of $265 million in this past quarter related to claims involving the use of its Imprelis.
Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/07/24...#storylink=cpy

Charges for Imprelis damage claims impacting DuPont earnings so far:

Q3 2011...$75 million

Q4 2011..$100 million

Q1 2012...$50 million

Q2 2012..$265 million

Page generated in 0.03936 seconds with 7 queries