Thread: My new trailer
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The website for Ifor williams --> http://www.iwt.co.uk/index

They responded to my e-mail today

Belgium, most trailers here in America are well behind European technology in many ways. By the looks of their products they have covered most bases so you actually get a robust product. It is true that you do get what you pay for.
An equivalent 9 thousand dollar trailer here wouldn't get you even half the engineering and manufacturing processes that was put into your trailer. It is quite depressing when you really look at it. The USA is ALL ABOUT PROFIT and marketing lies to make you think you are getting what you pay for.
I've been to numerous countries in Europe and tried many types of equipment and driven many a vehicles. Just for an example, Scania, Man,Mercedes,Iveco, Volvo and Renault Trucks and semis are so far ahead of American manufacturers it literally makes me sick to think about how bad our engineering is in our Freightliners, Macs, Kenworths, Internationals, Peterbuilts and Sterlings.

If I can get an IWT trailer shipped here I will absolutely contemplate it. Better to have quality and all the odds and ends included than to pay 4k to 7k for a half a$$ed so so American made trailer.

Page generated in 0.04380 seconds with 7 queries