View Single Post
Old 07-30-2012, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye77 View Post
For the requirements you have for a mower. I would not go to TSC. I would find a dealer I could trust and see what their recommendations are. I would fix that Hustler before I bought a Bad Boy. On some of the Hustlers hour meters were an option. The tranny may be able to be rebuilt. I would certainly get a second opinion from the one you have gotten.
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeJL View Post
I was told the cost to repair by someone who does not like Hustler mowers. He said he has 2 just like mine with the same problem and he didn't think it worth fixing. He said to junk it and get a BadBoy from Tractor Supply.
I don't know how many hours it has. I looked under the seat but couldn't find a gage or mention of one in the manual.
If it has has a hour meter it would be under the seat on the side rail or could be on the control panel, but you would have seen that. As far as the opinion on junking it and buying a Badboy, that is certainly not the best advise. I would find a local Hustler dealer and see what is going on with your machine or any reputable repair shop. I mean it could be a hydro adjustment or need servicing. I think your mower speaks for itself in the fact that you cut 10 acres for x amount of years. If in fact you do have a 2K service bill (Which I doubt) I would consider a new Fastrak. I think you will find the new Fastraks have changed quite a bit! I have a Fastrak Super Duty 42" and I'd drive it to the office everyday if it were closer, I love it!!
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
Stihl BG55 handheld blower
AMSOIL In Everything I own

Page generated in 0.03337 seconds with 7 queries