View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalCreek View Post
Austin,
It has been almost too long since my last post. You have come such an amazing long way. Congrates! But I must warn...You posted some picks of taking down some trees a few pages back. It is hard to tell from the pics, but you look dangerously close to the high voltage lines there. I work on lines like this all day long now and I cant tell you how unforgiving electricty is. Please keep safe distance from lines like these so that you will be around for a long time to keep up the great lawn work. Keep up the great work and please stay safe!
Thanks for the kind words! To be real honest, I don't remember how close we were working to the lines lol. Been a little while now, but we always try to be as safe as possible. Thank you again for the kind words!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Grasscutter View Post
I think your GVWR is wrong. I understand it needs to be what your truck is tagged at. And your truck needs to be tagged at what the total combined actual weight will be. Example truck weights 5k, loaded tandem trailer weights 7k, puts you right at 12k. Im guessing your truck is tagged at 12,000, which is fine with your single axle. My work truck is also tagged at 12,000, but with a full load of grass and my tandem trailer loaded up, I'm really pushing it, and might ought upgrade my tag to 16,000 to have some wiggle room. I understand they can actually give out overweight tickets if your over what you are tagged at.
Hmmmm....not sure, the guy that does the inspections around El Dorado told me its supposed to be the GVWR number that is on the sticker inside the door. But at the same time, I have heard the exact argument you have, but I just did what would keep the local police off of me lol

Some pictures from lately.....
Name:  August401.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  57.8 KB

Name:  August402.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  55.4 KB

Name:  August403.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  58.8 KB

Name:  August404.jpg
Views: 448