View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My 20K gooseneck behind my 2500 Dodge with my E50 (12,300) grosses a little over 25.5K. My loader(15300) comes in at 27.7K , which is puckering. I'm not over on any of my axles, but I am over on the GCVWR of the truck. If you could get enough truck under the trailer you would be ok, but I don't see that happening. If you could get a stripped down 450 with a gas engine, maybe. By Illinois' standards you wouldn't need it as long as you stay under 26K. As I read it you could pull a trailer under 10K and run a truck under 26K and not need a CDL.
I am in the process of changing that setup anyway, so it won't last much longer. The gasser has the power, but not the a$$ to handle it. It shakes the heck out of you going down the road. I've had a class A for 15 years so I don't worry from that end.
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. -Unknown

Page generated in 0.03919 seconds with 7 queries