View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 02:02 AM
LawnSite Member

Advice Please

I'm a new member. Need some advice before I buy and have regrets. I just bought the property to the north of me giving me 12.5 acres with 2 nice spring fed ponds. Instead of 3A we will be mowing about 8A. For years I was mowing with a Mott flail knife behind my Ford 8N but when I took a job 100m from home my wife assumed the mowing and has been using a Deere 345 with a 54in for the last 13 years. How time flys. There is alot of hours on that rider and it's time to upgrade. I am torn between a ZTR and a new tractor with a mower and a front loader especially after moving 30 yds of mulch with a 8cu ft wheelbarrel. Took me two weeks.The guy at the dealership says I need both of course. He is trying to talk me into a new Scag Cheetah 61 for 11500 OTD. I don't know much about ZTRs and I'm not sure if my wife could/would use it. She was afraid of my 8N and we do have some mild slopes and the ponds. I drove it and I think even at 60 years old I could handle a ZTR. Reminds me of a dozer. Any suggestions short of hiring a lawn service are appreciated.

Page generated in 0.04738 seconds with 7 queries