Both machines are good and both have their strengths and weaknesses. It all depends on what you like. If you search through threads on each unit, you'll find people that like each. I've used both machines. Here's what I found:
- Compact, quick, productive in most conditions
- Built well
- Simple 3 speed transmission
- Kawasaki KAI engine
- Big 1 gallon fuel tank
- Good Cut, mostly in dry conditions
- Not too good in long, wet grass.
- Grass will stick to the bottom of the deck when wet.
- Small chute tends to clog
- Blade doesn't have enough lift to fill bag completely
- Honda GXV motor is great but underpowered
- Dual blades
- Good mulcher/bagger
- Excellent cut.
- Built like a tank
- Hydro Drive
- Long handlebars and awkward blade engagement makes handling cumbersome and slows you down.
Overall, either mower is good. I suggest you ask to try each out before deciding. You might want to also try out the Exmark 21" X series. I haven't had a chance to try them but I hear they're good too.