View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 12:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We usually do McDonald's in the a.m. When I say "dread"...he gets peer pressure from the neighbor kids (some that are older) don't do work with their Dad's, Mom's, or expected to do anything around their houses. His friends have their Mom's clean, cook, and do everything for them. Their Dad's don't expect their kids to do anything around the house....except play PS3, XBox, or on-line games with their computers/Ipads. Almost anything to keep their kids out of their parents hair.

My wife and I feel that we need to get the boys ready for life. Clean up after yourself, help out around the house, play with their friends outside, limit video games to 1 hour a day. I don't want lazy kids, that don't respect the hard work that my wife and I provide for our family. We want kids that can support themselves when they get older. So for most parents its easier to have the kids watch tv, play video games, or surf the net (instant babysitter) instead of spending time together teach them about life. Spending time explaining and talking to their kids, teaching them, and listening to what their kids have to say. And when you disagree...you talk about why and where you are coming from so that they can understand.
2011 John Deere Pro Gator 2020a
2011 Lawn Solution Dual Hyrdo Aerator 24"
2011 Echo Handheld (trimmers to power pruners)
2007 Big Tex 4ft metal high side 7' x 12' Trailer
2012 PJ 7' x 16' Dump Trailer
2014 Vintage 8.5' x 24' Enclosed Trailer
2012 Ecolawn Applicator model 200 Compost Spreader

Page generated in 0.04104 seconds with 7 queries