View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 11:39 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groomer View Post
appears maynard should have peered a bit harder. lol So the BB ultra has weathered this brutal summer? Hows it look right now? Do you water?
This turf has done well this summer -- in general it looks good considering the persistent high temperatures and lack of rain. There are a couple of small areas that have some signs of drought stress, but nothing widespread. In all I'm happy with the performance of this variety.

I do have inground irrigation; I water typically 2X per week (Mon/Thu), 3AM begin, 40 minutes per zone, which equates to roughly 0.75" of water. Some of my nearby neighbors have put far, far more water down to keep the grass green. Note, my water comes from a well, via a softener to remove minor latent iron.

Also, I do keep track of what I put down, and when I put it down. I don't use anything esoteric, and I try to keep it to a minimum. Soil test every other year. Pre-emergent crabgrass control has been the priority over the last couple of years -- as the prior homeowners let things go and left me a lot of crabgrass seeds to deal with.

Wrooster

Page generated in 0.03372 seconds with 7 queries