View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFarland_Lawn_Care View Post
I know for a fact that at least half of my customers could not afford a full maint service contract.
Right, and some customers when approached about this will fiercely resist any upgrade, I've had folks balk at the idea of paying $50 for a fairly massive leaf cleanup (and I mean they balked), what can you do?

You don't want to kick those to the curb, I used to think it wouldn't matter but later found out much to my surprise... Some of those low-end accounts happen to be in cahoots with one of my high-end ones and I would have never guessed, some of the most unlikely folks are friends or co-workers with someone else and I'd kick one to the curb then I'd end up losing two or three...

That happened to me more than once, until I learned.

Nothing wrong with suggesting an upgrade and having all the levels and all of that, but ultimately I find we have to let the customer decide and we have to accept and respect their answers even if it's no, and certainly a few will upgrade, some a little, one or two maybe a lot, the rest will likely do little...

It is not a waste of time, but the results may be a bit on the unexpected side and we have to accept whatever comes of it.
At least that was my experience, but so much choice in the matter.

On the good side...
The customer that balked at the leaf clean up ended up doing it themselves...
Which is fine by me, you have to understand that at least it got the idea across that it needed to be done because I was NOT going to deal with a massive leaf cleanup come spring and at no extra cost... Of course I needed the money but more than anything so long the leaves got cleaned up, everybody was happy.
So it can, and does accomplish things.
However, the results may be a bit on the unexpected side.

Last edited by herler; 08-10-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Page generated in 0.03241 seconds with 7 queries