View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 03:20 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLewis View Post
Of course not! That would be crazy. Who said anything about that? We have some yards that are $165 for Gold Service because they're really small and some that are $500 a month. It all depends on the size of the property and how much work there is to do throughout the year - of course.

It's a flat rate, all year round. Yes.

No contracts. I have always believed that if you did a great job of servicing your customer, you don't need to bind them down with a contract. They're going to WANT to stay with your company. Not because they are bound by a contract - but because they love your work and the service they receive. We have nearly 300 weekly accounts and not a contract for one of them. I realize that makes me atypical for Lawnsite. But I've never needed contracts in 16 years to keep business. Now for landscape construction, sure. Contracts are the norm and required by law. But not for maintenance.

The next question is usually, "Ok. Then how do you keep them from canceling in the winter if there isn't a contract?" The answer to that is more complex. But I'll try to break it down quickly. First, we do a great job from the very fist time they contact us explaining the nature of our service and that it is ONLY year-round. So we set the expectation before they've ever even decided to go with us. Second, we reinforce the year-round nature of our agreement with a letter that goes out in the fall reminding them of how our service works and what to expect during the winter months. Third, if they do call to cancel for the winter, we explain to them that we don't do seasonal accounts and they are welcome to cancel but we won't be taking them back on in the spring. We only want year round accounts. The people who aren't down with that can go to one of our competitors. And that can can starve all winter, not me.

Too much to list here. You can see what we do for each level of service on our website. Choose "maintenance" from the menu and then choose "weekly service".
okay this makes sense but what if the lawn is not cut one week, because of drought or road blockage or whatever. Do they get a credit? What about when they quit? Surely, you must have customers that quit. Do they get a credit? If your including work to be done in the fall into your monthly rate, what if they quit in september? I would think the customer would want credit for work that hasn't been done yet.

Page generated in 0.03990 seconds with 7 queries