Thread: First Hire
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 08:15 PM
krzys555 krzys555 is offline
LawnSite Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 109
Originally Posted by cutman2000 View Post
I'm looking to hire someone part time to help me out. Are these all a must?

#1. Obtain a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
#2. Register with your State Labor or Employer Division
#3. Obtain Workerís Compensation Insurance (if required)
#4. Post an "Employee Poster" as required by Federal and most State Governments

I'm looking for someone to help me part time, but I'm wondering if I should pay "under the table" until I get more established. What am I looking at, as far as fees($) for the list above(#1, #2, #3 and #4).
At the moment, my business name is registered(LLC) with the state. I'm insured(liability 1 million). No worker ins.
the ein number is free if you do it online.
the state labor registration is free
the employee posters will not cost you more then $50
workmans comp is based off payroll

the main thing you will have to think about is getting a service to cut you your payroll checks.
you need to withhold a certain amount for taxes, social security ect.
you will have you own taxes to pay based on how much you pay him.
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.03898 seconds with 8 queries