View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Silver Member
whats the secret? i do lawn apps only, i think its a bad time to start.. but i got 1000 out roughly, mailed alot of them, handed out some. got some info on my truck window that really stands out. i have gotten no response from any of that. I got one call from word of mouth, and it was a crap lead.. crap lawn, the lady wanted something to be sprayed to kill pine trees, and when i couldn't do it she slammed the door in my face.. lol. i have hit up everybody i know with a lawn, or that has a lawn service like trugreen. no takers. I even offered to do apps at cost, just to get out there.. now, if i was really that bad.. i would quit, but have yet to get my foot in a door for people to find out if i really suck or not.

anyhow, the motivation is down now, far, far from giving it up.. its still what i really want to do. Ric, and others were right, its a horrible time to start.. with this economy. i've been hoping within 7 or 8 years i can go full time. i'm thinking in spring i may just offer applications for free to a few customers if they keep a sign in the yard that says something along the lines of "lawn treated by..."

glad its working out for you, what does your flyer look like?

Originally Posted by goinggreen123 View Post
Flyers have. Been working preety well guys I have handed out about 50 and Been picked up 3 clean ups and 2 maintenance accounts.
Posted via Mobile Device
Page generated in 0.03482 seconds with 8 queries