View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis-Outdoor View Post
I've had a fence construction biz for about 12 years. Don't do the prefab panel thing. A fence is so much stronger and more attractive if you custom build it from wood components. When you install your posts, put them at approximately 7' 9" on centers. This will allow you to have 8' 2x4's evenly meeting on each post. Obviously, you will have to cut a little from each 2x4. Also, spring for western red cedar pickets rather than the pressure treated ones. The treated ones will (I repeat WILL) warp like crazy, no matter how well you attach them to the framework. Good luck with your project.
Im dealing with a company called Bell fence manufacturing ,they have locations along the gulf coast.I got quoted for culled cedar boards ..they said there's nothing wrong with them just didnt meet whatever specs they have and that they will look and work just fine.. They are a dollar cheaper than normal..he didn't specify what kind of cedar it was but I'll ask..they also have some boards made out if cypress that are cheaper then there cedar boards..while I know the durability of cypress I just never heard of using it fir fences?
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03444 seconds with 7 queries