View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 02:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avguy View Post
I think most people prefer the rails to the inside for aesthetic reasons. It give the home better curb appeal.
I don't know where you live but here the municipal building codes are to put the ugly side (stringer side) in to not detract your neighbors view. The only way to some what cover it up is to do something semi privacy where the dog ear's are staggered on both sides.

Yes AC2 warps like crazy, I would follow the suggestions to go ceder, it'll be easier to work with like AC2 vs vinyl. I would use screws vs nails, if you need to replace a panel or take on out for any kind of service work, its easier. I've used Deckmate brand before on repairs and building fences with no problem of rusting and we get a ton of airborne salt spray. Leave the bottoms of the panels off the ground a little, prevents wicking moisture up out of the ground and prolong life of the panel. If your building alone don't use prefabbed panels, again harder to handle alone plus if you need a custom size other than 8ft such as 4.5ft easier to build. Prefab panels now, depending on manufacturer are stapled together vs nailed/screwed.

Picture Thread: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...ight=army+pics

Page generated in 0.03412 seconds with 7 queries