View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 07:49 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Gardens View Post
Are you sure it's fountain grass. I'm crying foul as most ornamental grasses are sterile due to the crossing and breeding.

Too late, see below. But this problem has been occurring with some varieties for 10+ years. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildstarblazer View Post
It could be a lilyturf, liriope like plant that spreads like ground cover.
Not even close, lilyturf can tolerate mowing nicely. Fountain grass looks horrible when cut. Like you tried to cut it with a butter knife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
i think he knows what he is talkin about(OP). i have it in my own lawn, righ out front of where it grows. i have successfully transplanted it and grown it out before. wow, you guys are quick to dismiss arent you>!>!>!

i have used a two app approach with drive, and it seems to tear it up pretty good. does not always kill it though.
Ditto Ralph. As Rodney's link states, this has been going on for a long time. I have seen it personally for at least 10 years. I'm going to say closer to 15, but I don't remember exactly.

Yes, they are supposed to be sterile, but aren't. And cold winters with regular mowing doesn't bother it a bit.

OP, keep us informed, I was wondering if something like Tenacity might work.

Page generated in 0.03943 seconds with 7 queries