Thread: Jersey Guys
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 12:21 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpeoples View Post
So true ! I got a ticket one block from my house for not having a fire extinguisher in my pickup. He actually gave me a break cause I didn't have triangles or my town name on my truck even though it's lettered.
Posted via Mobile Device
Commercial truck or tractor (Code 11)
Includes every type of motorized vehicle used for commercial purposes, such as transportation of goods, wares and merchandise (39:3-20).

Plates:

Display the word "commercial"
Numerals are prefixed by the letter "X" or any other prefix designated by the Chief Administrator

Required lettering:
Clearly visible sign or nameplate (as prescribed by law 39:4-46) that must contain:

Name of owner, renter or renting party
Municipality of residence
The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) or the combined gross vehicle weight rating if vehicle is 26,001 pounds or more and the vehicle is registered or principally garaged in New Jersey
Lettering height must be at least three inches

Exceptions:

You may be exempt from displaying the name of the municipality if the vehicle displays a USDOT registration number.
The owner, lessee or lessor of 50 or more vehicles must use those vehicles by franchised public utilities (including gas, power and telephone companies)
You can acquire a Federal DOT registration number online or by calling the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration at (703) 280-4001

Page generated in 0.03356 seconds with 7 queries