Thread: Jersey Guys
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 06:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelracer View Post
Commercial truck or tractor (Code 11)
Includes every type of motorized vehicle used for commercial purposes, such as transportation of goods, wares and merchandise (39:3-20).

Plates:

Display the word "commercial"
Numerals are prefixed by the letter "X" or any other prefix designated by the Chief Administrator

Required lettering:
Clearly visible sign or nameplate (as prescribed by law 39:4-46) that must contain:

Name of owner, renter or renting party
Municipality of residence
The Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) or the combined gross vehicle weight rating if vehicle is 26,001 pounds or more and the vehicle is registered or principally garaged in New Jersey
Lettering height must be at least three inches

Exceptions:

You may be exempt from displaying the name of the municipality if the vehicle displays a USDOT registration number.
The owner, lessee or lessor of 50 or more vehicles must use those vehicles by franchised public utilities (including gas, power and telephone companies)
You can acquire a Federal DOT registration number online or by calling the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration at (703) 280-4001
I drove and owned trucks for years but having fire extinguisher and triangles in my pickup never crossed my mind. I bet you could check 100 pickups and vans with commercial plates and 95 wouldn't have either one !
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03503 seconds with 7 queries