View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
Did you go to LSU? Just got back from there since my daughter will be going to school there. I wasn't around the main campus since she is going to vet school and it has it's own building away from the main area.
I am very Familiar with the Vet School near the River. They do a lot of DNA Research and some cloning. Many years ago I lived right down the street in Tiger Town and bought $ 0.13 a pound live crawfish fresh off the Bayou. Yep that is over 40 years ago.

Louisiana has a very rich cultural back ground that I hope your daughter can pick up on and enjoy. I tried my best to be a Coon-ass and still do a lot of Cajun cooking. Many of the small town hold festivals that go back to European history. New Orleans is only the tip of the ice berg that is Louisiana.

However Louisiana is deep south with the perjury against any one not pure white. When my children came home from Pre School telling me they are called the "N" word because they are Asian, It was time to move.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.03445 seconds with 7 queries