View Single Post
Old 08-19-2012, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spgseth View Post
Ric,
I am a registered coonass and I can tell you New Orleans is not really authentic louisiana for many reasons. If it has any relation to food or culture in Louisiana we celebrate it and teach our kids the history of how we ended up here. Sorry about your kids, where did you relocate?

On another note I have several other large trees in my yard that have grass all the way to the trunk, some are oaks, cypress, pecan, and ash. I wonder why the grass is flourishing on them and not on the two in the front. I think the ones in the front are pin oaks at least that is what I call them, the kind that make several acorns but they are real small and the bark is real smooth. Its not the water oak (evangelline Oak) that are at LSU campus.
spgseth

Re-read my post where I say the small town festivals have History. I spend more Fat Tuesdays in New Rhodes or Lafayette than I did in the French Quarter. However I did a 6 month intership in New Orleans (the City without Care). Got to admit it is one big party place.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.04352 seconds with 7 queries