View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I generally stay suspicious of 'new and improved'... dealing with living things and the genetic limitations of those living things, it is difficult for me to believe that we'll ever do a better job getting them to flourish moreso in a manmade system, than in the natural system...
Proven failures of a 'new and improved' idea, as an example is, bagging the grass clippings... in natural settings the recycled grass bodies provide an enormous benefit that we don't even consider anymore...

Working with the plant's lifecycle, rather than interuptting it with a 'great technology' is best... learning how to enhance the natural systems with advance learning is so much better than replacing the natural systems...

Another example of how we spend time and money, by replacing the natural order is 'dethatching' and removing all the natural mulch cover in the turf, reseeding, then putting down a course, unnatural straw cover that doesn't otherwise exist in turf, to help the seeds grow...

Some ideas are good and some ideas are not... fortunately grasses grow quite well in spite of our involvement...

Page generated in 0.03628 seconds with 7 queries