View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick13 View Post
I ran a SEO search on my website: www.BestRockfordYards.com and the search said I should add "blogging" to my website.

My question is, how many people have blogging on their website?

And if you do have blogging on your website....what do you blog about? Weather? Yard tips? Idea's for future service/work?
Rick, a blog would help with search ranking as your Flash-based site isn't really indexing on Bing/Yahoo. They only have your home page. Google has the sub-pages, but there's just not much content to index. Also, with Flash-driven sites, you miss out on some basic SEO elements, such as the H tags. If you search for Wix or Flash in this sub-forum, I think you'll see something from Greg or myself re: working with Flash-based sites.

As for blog topics? A couple/few hundred words every 7-10 days and you'll likely see a nice bounce. It's not too difficult when you break down services, seasons, weather conditions, localized advice/information, and any multitude of combinations.

Also, absolutely grab whatever free, locally-focused pages you can. Google+ Local (and get reviews from satisfied customers), Yahoo/Bing Local, Localeze, InfoUSA, Yelp, Facebook, etc.

Page generated in 0.03586 seconds with 7 queries