View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 10:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvanvliet View Post
The key is water...
To a point but my question is why add the N in the height of growing season and add more water if we are experiencing decent rains? IF you have did your spring apps correct your color should be there, naturally the turf will be growing, any color issues at that point should be able to be fixed with a good micro blend IMHO. What I see most common this time of year with the rain fall is light spots in the lawn where it has become chlorotic from the rainfall or some other reason. My PCO sub comes and hits it with a liquid micro package which contains Fe, Mg, Mn and shortly the problem is fixed in most cases. Adding N at this point in the season of any significance does nothing but stress the turf which is already growing like crazy and makes my mower and blowers work harder.

To the OP ...I suggest a more organic fertilizer this time of year like milorganite or Lesco has a great product IMHO for homeowners or those wishing not to spray...it is called Iron Plus.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!

Page generated in 0.04089 seconds with 7 queries