View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 07:37 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfmd101 View Post
Right, but again, underlying issues. Dwarf varieties, mainly Seville tends to be thatchy from too much nitrogen over it's life. Dwarf varieties tend to have a thatch layer of dead and live stolins. This is already an inherent problem for stolins with roots exposed to the air, they tend to struggle to exist. All the webworms do is expose this issue which will also occur from heavy frost. These same areas will have issues webworms or not. Thatch is why these areas don't recover easily not severe webworms. Armyworms mabe, but not webworms.
Posted via Mobile Device
Turf,

first welcome to the forum. Second I do not doubt your guidance as you appear to understand this stuff better than the common lawn guy like me. However I have yet to see a PCO driving around town with a bucket of tide on the back of their truck.
You concern over getting it into the thatch - would that not be covered with a surfactant added to the bifen. Just asking because this is the most common approach I see to webworms over the years. Besides, have you seen how damn expensive tide has become

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!

Page generated in 0.03075 seconds with 7 queries