View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NattyLawn View Post
IMO, if you don't have the organic matter, a liquid program backed up with 1/8lb of N is not enough. As much as we try and get away with liquid programs, nothing beats compost, chicken poo or anything else that adds OM to the soil.

I've seen a lot of these products come out over the years, only to fade out a short time afterwards.
I agree... individual products with their individual claims, do not educate us about how things are happening at the root hairs where all the action is... adequate OM is the only base to work from,,, IMO...

The basic critical considerations about soil hasn't been wrong throughout my life-time... things like CEC, air/water ratio, drainage, or in other words, Tilth...

So in the evaluation of a product, one must first ask him/her-self, "Is this product working with the tilth, improving the tilth, short-circuitting the tilth or making claims in-spite of the tilth???"
Then secondly, "Does this product have the capacity to function outside the normal parameters of tilth???"

Page generated in 0.03696 seconds with 7 queries