View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 10:21 AM
LawnSite Member

I can’t help you much with this one. First, I am in Canada where everything is a bit more. Second, I haven’t kept up with pricing after buying mine 3 ˝ years ago, and really have no idea about the used market.

Advice I can give you is try this site…

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...uying-pricing/

Very tractor dedicated so you will get a lot of feedback.

Also, dealers can vary quite a bit, some won’t give you a penny of their list, others will deal some, and from what I saw it is a regional thing. I have read some guys going over a state or two because they can get a great deal from a dealer, and possibly save if they have lower sales tax. My local guy has a very busy business, lots of commercial accounts, he was nice but really had little time for me. I found a dealer 45 minutes from my home in the other direction and he gave me $800 less than the local guy. He was also more willing for service and other stuff that my local guy was too busy for.

If where you are looking your dealer doesn’t want to deal much on price, see about extras, for instance…I ordered mine with the industrial R tires, they are bar type like the AG’s but won’t rip grass as bad, but still good traction. My dealer gave me a deal for an extra set of 4 turf tires and rims for $300. Just the tires alone would be over $300, so getting them with the rims was good for me as I wanted the extra set. You can ask for any other items you may be considering and he might give you a better deal than just a price of the tractor by itself.

Good luck with your purchase, I am sure you will love whatever you get.

Page generated in 0.03951 seconds with 7 queries