View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Starting Up, Quick Questions

So after a month of making several pro and con sheets on my future, I've finally decided to start a landscaping business. I'm going to open in the spring of 2013. I am in the process of making a business plan and could use some help on some questions I have. I know these questions will have a huge range of answers, but I am just trying to get a general idea of what to expect.

1) I will have a 48-52" mower. I will be the only employee to start. I will have a 3/4ton or 1 ton pick up, plow, and maybe inserted dump bed. If i was working 15-25 hrs a week to start, what would I expect my weekly revenue to be?

2) My ideal company (5-8 years down the road) would focus most of it's attention on installs, designs, hardscape, and snow removal. I would only have about 4 full days of mowing? Is this a good model to have or would you go a different route?

3) Knowing what you know now, if you could start over, what things would you do differently?

Any help would be appreciated. I am really looking forward to taking the leap on becoming a business owner. Something I've dreamed of since I was young. Thanks!

Page generated in 0.03988 seconds with 7 queries