View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 11:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Didn't you get the memo: Slow release urea is supposed to be the do all, be all and end all for lawn fertilization. Using AS is antique. Why would you have to find AS in a Wallyword? Is it because the treehugging granola eaters banned it for professional use because it is not slow release urea? On a lawn with anything over 7.0, I am also throwing in 5 lb of DF sulfur in addition to the AS and micronutrients. Do not try this on lawns that cannot be irrigated after application.
I was Lazy and Wally World was only one mile up the street. I had looked at fertilizer a few days before and saw a 16-4-8 100% AS and K2SO4. I think it had a 3% Fe also. I was surprise they would carry a Lawn Burner Like that. Of course I have posted about Sulfur application many times. 10 Lb of 0-0-0-90 per thousand lowers pH one point in 30 days. 30 days mean it takes 30 days to release the sulfur.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.04252 seconds with 7 queries