View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Didn't you get the memo: Slow release urea is supposed to be the do all, be all and end all for lawn fertilization. Using AS is antique. Why would you have to find AS in a Wallyword? Is it because the treehugging granola eaters banned it for professional use because it is not slow release urea? On a lawn with anything over 7.0, I am also throwing in 5 lb of DF sulfur in addition to the AS and micronutrients. Do not try this on lawns that cannot be irrigated after application.
I was Lazy and Wally World was only one mile up the street. I had looked at fertilizer a few days before and saw a 16-4-8 100% AS and K2SO4. I think it had a 3% Fe also. I was surprise they would carry a Lawn Burner Like that. Of course I have posted about Sulfur application many times. 10 Lb of 0-0-0-90 per thousand lowers pH one point in 30 days. 30 days mean it takes 30 days to release the sulfur.

it is one thing to do a off label applications. It is total stupidity to post it on the world wide web and expect people to approve.

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

Page generated in 0.04108 seconds with 7 queries