View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Member

I am strongly considering purchasing my first full size zero turn. I've always been a Gravely guy. My first mower was an old 36 inch belt driven walk behind from the 1980's. I then purchased a 148XDZ about 5-6 years ago and love the QOC with the X-Factor deck and the build quality of the unit.

My accounts are increasing and I'm finding that I could fit a bigger mower into some of my properties and have been giving estimates on larger properties recently.

Fast forward... I tend to visit the site frequently, but I don't log in or post much. I just read the posts. I found multiple positive reviews and now you guys have got my gears cranking about this mower. I went to the Gravely dealer I've always dealt with and he put me in contact with a Gravely rep so schedule a demo for the morning. I can't beleive the ride quality of this thing. I felt like I was sitting in a Cadillac. I was hooked and wanted to buy one on the first yard. I just wanted to say thanks to all of the guys on here that reviewed the mower it really helped in the decision process.

Question #1Since I have always dealt with this local dealer I would like to keep giving him my business, but his numbers seem a tad high to me.

Gravely 460 w/29HP Kohler EFI $9481
Bagger $1903
Bagger Installation $150
Light Kit $125
Striper $78

Tax $695
Financing Fee $125

Grand total $12,432. 22
He told me that the Light kit and striper don't qualify for the discount because they are accessories, but he is willing to install them for free.

I think he can come down a bit on the prices. What do you all think?

Question #2I currently have a bagging system on my 148XDZ. I bag one day out of the week then just side discharge. I'm thinking about also adding on the Gravely OCDC but will I have to remove it to install the vacuum for the bagging system?

Question #3Is the Gravely OCDC worth the money ($209) or should I just purchase an aftermarket OCDC?

Thanks guys! Keep up with the great reviews and pictures. Maybe I'll be adding to the post in a few weeks

Page generated in 0.03640 seconds with 7 queries