Thread: Detaching Lawn
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhoj View Post
My next question is : Should I remove the thatch so that I can put down the second half of the seed? I was told to put the seed on half the recoumded amount than when down put the second half on. So that is where I am now.

That is why I am not sure if I should remove the thatch now or wait till it rains which it is to do Sunday, so they say. By waiting for the rain the seed will get washed down into the soil if there is any in the thatch. I would be afraied of some being in it. At $1.95 a pound and I used 125 LB. of it. Yes it can get a little salty if you know what I mean.

So what would be the smart thing to do, remove it or keep it on and put the other half over it?

Or mow it up and than put it on after you have cut it up? All total I will have 225 pounds on it.

I would like to do it right.
Let me see if I got this straight...

You've already put down a significant amount of seed and you're wondering if you should rip up and remove the dead grass/clippings and remove it!!??!

How much seed do you think will be removed at the same time you remove the mulch thatch that you've already sown in to???

Page generated in 0.03389 seconds with 7 queries