View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i've recently ventured into this service as a few clients have asked to have this done and if they purchased the material if i would apply it...the first client simply wanted the driveway pressure washed and then thompson water seal applied they were satisfied and with them purchasing the material approx 13 gal to do driveway an hour to pressure wash and 2 hours to apply sealer i only charged 150$ which seemed reasonable...next client purchased diamond brite and i applied this for them world of difference in the products and cost thompson was 42$ for 5 gal pail the other was 157$ for 5 gal put the end result was well worth it. only draw back is the temperature to apply the material gets sticky and stringy if apply when temperature is above 80 deg. You can apply with roller as you would be painting a wall or use a pressurized sprayer...with the roller you leave marks where the roller over laps but this soon fades...with the sprayer you need to do two coats and must maintain a specific pressure in the pump to apply the correct coverage...this is a learning experience for me but the customers have been happy

2013 Dodge Quad cab w/hemi
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Extened Cab
Toro ZMaster 400series
MTD PRO 48"
Kaufman 5x10 w/sides
Landscapers Trailer 12x6.5 w/side gate
Echo PAS multi tool
Various other Echo hand helds
Little Giant HPV Vac
Troy Bilt Horse RotoTiller
Honda Mini Cultivator
JD 170