View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 01:35 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLawn View Post
DVS.....

Just out of curiosity if hardscapes are down are you just doing more landscaping??
Posted via Mobile Device

No, we only done one landscape install job this year. We have ventured into more of an excavating related field. We are 60 miles north of DC and our work is now outside the Dc area and we do a lot in Northern VA. Where before all our work was concentrated within 20 minute of our shop. The recession has been a blessing, went from having to borrow money from dad to pay the company insurance bills, there were a few nights we had to eat peanut butter and jelly for dinne- to a a change for the best.

You can do anything you set your mind to. It takes passion and determination. My kid is in his first year racing Motocross, not the fastest rider, about middle of the pack, and he's getting faster and faster. Our moto is "No Excuses". I dont care if he come in Last, as long as he TRIES hard and enjoys it. I'm even going to have stickers made that say "no excuses" and they will be placed on his front fender, as a constant reminder that his destination is in his hands. Same mentality goes for business. If you have the determination And know how to succeed - you will succeed, no matter what it is.

You can make money with hardscapes. But once the market becomes saturated with competition - its more work than its worth, let the others beat each other up on prices. Countless hrs meeting with dead end clients, doing dean end designs, etc etc.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03326 seconds with 7 queries