View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 09:43 AM
LawnSite Member

I am glad the challenge was presented to answer the claims in the video from professor so and so. It is my whole point in starting the thread. I have used Holganix most of the year and now am trying SumaGreen. To me I do not question these are good products but I do have a question if they can substitute a traditional fertilization program for those who are in the business and need to satisfy their customer base by products that are not easy to explain to the customer. I think we organic heads kinda understand but if that is the case,I wonder why Holganix which has supposedly 23 extra products than SumaGreen is not given a deeper consideration. (Don't entertain that I am associated with Holganix in any way.)
It has been hard to judge the products at this time,I must finish up the last treatment then look at the yards. I do know Holganix (not tried SG on shrubs.) did well on shrubs but the preventative fungal properties did nothing to stop or slow down Take All Patch and question brown patch. It has been the worse drought I can remember here but most all my customers do have irrigation. (Most all the fungus problems came from improper watering because of irrigation)

I came away from the video of the professor as a jerk whose weight he liked to throw around was his 30 some years of specializing in microbiology and being a professor at a reputable college. I leave the studies for someone else to take apart. When he mocked homeopathic medicine I thought he is a skeptic in the non traditional and maybe the chemical/fertilizer puppet to have a case against the new frontier of organic approach. I have had my wife treat me with homeopathic to cure shingles immediately and has had more success on the children,her grandmother and herself. I was more so a skeptic till it did what no doctor could do.
Inspite of what professor blah says I believe the soil feeds the plant and not the other way around as he says. It is the way the Lord designed nature to work verses man using synthetic to feed the plant. We replenish the earth with the good and it subdues the evil pathogens. The soil also came before the plant,the soil supports the plant. Professor blah is one of the wise of the world who makes a fool of himself.
In our area of learning we are humbled by the complexity of it all. Soil is as different as a human to another. Sure there are the general loams and soil profiles but in comes the soil chemistry,conditions and a number of other factors. I wish the organic world had an easy system like it is in the traditional with P.N,K with pre & postemerges and fungicides for each kind of fungus,insecticide for each pest. But I do know how my soils were starving for life and as least compost and compost tea have proven to answer that need in a general way. I am attracted to Holganix and SumaGreen as a possible means to make it easier for the business professional to run a business with less chemicals and no synthetic fertilizer. To add the service of topdressing & tea where the customer will allow it.
I am not shaken by that professor but I am not convinced about these two new avenues of approach.
As mentioned in another post,I did have a newly sodded zoysia yard where the sod was firmly attached and I applied Holganix in the Spring and summer and the yard remained a sickly pale color. I applied the Lesco fertilizer and now it is so green and finally growing. Can't go by one failed yard. Overall my yards look good but nothing to become excited about. I had hoped for it to do better on the fungus but Take All is a tough one. I realize also an organic approach will not green & grow like synthetic. And then there was the drought which just broke through Issac,thank God.
So all you who are using these products or pushing them,what do you see?????

Page generated in 0.03555 seconds with 7 queries